Monday 15 April 2013

Week 11: Reflection on Final Oral Presentation

For the last official post of the semester, I will be reviewing the journey through my FOP.

I thought FOP was pretty straightforward - there was sufficient time to prepare even though I was the first group. In my opinion, the rehearsals without using slides were really beneficial as it allowed me to discover what I did not know about my own content, and allowed me to learn how to make my presentation flow naturally. There's always the temptation to structure a presentation using PowerPoint, but this method is not as good as starting with a piece of paper (for me, at least).

I felt I did well enough during the actual delivery. During the Q&A session especially, I felt confident enough to handle any question thrown at me with ease, crafting up a reply on the spot even though I did not prepare for such questions (about my recommendations). It was a good learning experience - it allows a person to think on the spot, as well as how to subtly side-step certain issues you do not want to go into ;)

In terms of slides, I still admire the work of those doing Issue A as well (you guys know who you are!). For a guy like me, coming up with beautiful slides is truly a difficult job. Perhaps using a simple theme (think along the lines of Apple) would be better for us!


Now it is the end of BizComm, and I hope everyone has picked up something useful from it. I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment